The project of founding an IMP was developed at the beginning of 2020 by André Pilon. The Matriarchist ideas were developed and validated with the help of the founder's three brothers and three sisters at several meetings over the preceding years. Opinions shared were diversified and of great value as siblings come from business, factory, legal, construction, health care, and artistic backgrounds.
- Implement modern practical matriarchies by radically reforming the actual political, legal, and economic system in place in the targeted communities. We do not aim to implement systems parallel to those enforced by law:
- This does not mean that civil disobedience could not be used at some point to help the party achieve its goals.
- At the political level, grandmothers (who do not have a daughter who is herself a grandmother) will hold an exclusive right to vote;
- At the economic level, a universal basic income program will guaranty that no one falls below the poverty line;
- At the social level, the legal rights and duties to children's care will be exclusively assigned to the child's mother and her matrilineal siblings.
At present, we are recruiting founding members to help progressively build official national branches of the IMP wherever such opportunities will develop. The IMP puts upfront radical ideas that often bring immediate, comprehensive, and unrelenting opposition.
Our strategy is thus to build a strong international matriarchist community that will support the local teams. At the moment, we are specifically seeking help to build first official Matriarchist Parties to participate in the coming 2021 Canadian and Czech elections. The Czech legislative elections will occur not later than October 2021. We anticipate Canadian elections in 2021 because minority governments typically last less than two years1 .
What happens when no one wins a majority?
C.B.C., October 17, 2019 (visited March 5, 2020)